Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reflection 9

During this time of instructional delivery, I have done and learned many things thanks to the use of technology, from learning how to create a student database to actually creating a commercial grade book. I have written reflections, created a digital story, and learned the correct way to create a lesson plan. While I am happy to have learned these things, I cannot say that I was thrilled when I found out these were just some of the things taking this course required. The assignments seemed insurmountable, but thanks to technology, they proved to be an effortless task.

I always knew that teachers had to have a lesson plan in order to teach, I just never knew that there were so many different types of lesson plans. I also had no idea just how exact and precise these lesson plans had to be. I honestly thought that lesson plans consisted of a plethora of words strewn about on a piece of paper given to the principal in a hurried haste.

All of the assignments given in this class could only be accessed through the use of technology. This alone recognizes how serious of a role technology played in this class. By having it where all of the assignments could be accessed via technology, no one could really be completely out of whack with the class. Let’s say you miss a day or two of the lecture, if you want to find out where the class is, you just go to the website for that class and you can not only see what’s due this week, but all the way up to the last assignment.

The use of technology in this class has proven to be a helping aide time and time again. Thanks to this class, I am no longer looking at my assignments through rose colored glasses. I have realized just how much better an assignment becomes thanks to technology. From being able to generate a grade book, to just using the spelling and grammar check in a Microsoft Word document.

What I enjoyed the most however, is the fact that the assignments were not only from a textbook. All of my life I have been gathering information or learning new things solely from textbooks. With this, it gave me a chance to apply technology as my key to learning. Technology in the classroom is the key to unlocking the future and secrets of tomorrow, I have learned this firsthand.

No comments:

Post a Comment